MANAGEMENT STRUCTURE OF PET3D
Prof. Matteo Zanda, University Aberdeen
The Project Coordinator will chair the Supervisory Board and supervise the activities within WP6 which involves Management, Network-wide Training and Dissemination.
The Supervisory Board was selected at the PET3D Video Conference Meeting 16 March 2016. It was agreed that the nominated SB board members would be the named scientist in charge from each Beneficiary:
Chair: Prof. Matteo Zanda (ABN)
Dr. Danielle Vugts (AMS)
Prof. Vicky Caveliers (BRU)
Prof. Hans-Rene Bjorsvik (BER)
Dr Jordi Llop (SAN)
Prof. Andreas Jacobs (MUN)
Dr. Jan Passchier (IMA)
Dr. Charles Elmore (AZ)
ESR representative (Markus Artelsmair)
The Supervisor Board (SB) is responsible for making strategic decisions concerning the overall training plan, research, technical objectives and project management, dissemination, exploitation, and IPR. It is responsible for resolving any administrative and organisational issues and to ensure continued sharing and dissemination of best practice amongst the partners.
SPECIFIC ROLES OF SUPERVISORY BOARD
- The SB will directly supervise the 5 research WPs 1-5.
- SB will meet in person every 6 months at PET3D meetings (M1 to M9)
- SB is responsible for the co-ordination of the project from a strategic point of view.
- SB will ensure balance between scientific and technological training through personalised research projects and complementary skills training, appropriate to needs of each ESR.
- SB will monitor and evaluate the progress of the research, training, dissemination and exploitation activities.
- SB will establish active and continuous communication and exchange of best practice among the PET3D participants to maximise the benefits of the partnership.
Professor Mats Bergström
(IND) (former GSK, Roche, Consultant)
Before joining Roche as senior expert in imaging sciences,
Mats served as director of the preclinical laboratory at the Uppsala PET centre in Sweden, director of the PET program at Novartis, then director of biology and imaging expert at GSK. Currently Member of Scientific Advisory Board at Oncodesign S.A.
Mats is world-renowned expert on PET tracer research and has initiated over 80 clinical trials on new PET tracers.
Professor Jason Lewis
PhD (ACAD), Director, Center for Molecular Imaging and Nanotechnology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.
Development of radiopharmaceuticals for the imaging and therapy of cancer.
Professor Neil Vasdev
PhD (ACAD) (Director of Radiochemistry, Massachusetts General Hospital)
Associate Professor of Radiology, Harvard Medical School
B.Sc. (Hons) and B.A. (summa cum laude; 1998); Ph.D. (NSERC PGS; Profs. Chirakal and Schrobilgen) McMaster University, Canada; Chemist at Astra Pharma and Glaxo Wellcome Inc. NSERC Postdoctoral Fellow (Prof. VanBrocklin, 2003-2004) Berkeley National Laboratories, USA. Associate Professor (2004-2011) University of Toronto/CAMH
Program – Vasdev Lab is dedicated to discovering new chemistry and evaluating novel PET radiopharmaceuticals for preclinical and clinical imaging studies.